HONK HONK

See kids, that's what you get when you smoke cigarettes.

A bird-hobo eats your girlfriend.

Awesome Chaotix Awesome Chaotix

Your art is great, but it isn't funny

The expressiveness of your animation, drawing style, and acting is spectacular. It's getting better and better. But it's lost the comedic flair your older work had. I don't know what it is, I just know it isn't there. Perhaps there's less passion in your writing now. Try something new. Something you haven't done before. Then come back to these comedic-style toons with a fresher mind.

Mastermind 5 Mastermind 5

I love this series. Right on!

Awesome job on this one. The animation is a lot more expressive, though I prefer the mastermind's old, shady look. It was way cool.

The Pigpen The Pigpen

Those pigs were so good I had to go on twice

Quite an interesting story, seeing what references to everyday life are made and in what ways you executed them. I loved all the little quirks thrown in, the corny upbeat music, and that mother that dumped her baby for some money.

-Last Resort- -Last Resort-

Awesome style, man

Really cool shit. The way you draw, animate movements, and what you draw are fantastic and extremely creative. I love this stuff.

Bit meets Fireflower Bit meets Fireflower

It's like it's about meeee

Like, that's me talking... on screen...

Knuckles Briefs Knuckles Briefs

Griff's Knux Doll gives this a 10

All errors are averted by Griff's Knuckles doll animation. This is perfection now.

TF: Revenge of the Lolin' TF: Revenge of the Lolin'

bleh

Making something in hopes of a cheap laugh is so unmotivated. It's like you hardly even enjoy doing this hobby. I'm all for parodies, and I won't deny when it actually gives me a good laugh, but this is not the case. The dialog consisted of the stupid shit the annoying guy in the theater would shout out to get a quick laugh from a couple people. The rest was rather cliche and stopped being funny 20 years ago, or just a bunch of obvious observations thrown together in a mindless lump. Especially the "even MORE obvious observation" *laugh track* gag.

My last note for something I've noticed in all your flashes, saying your flash is bad does not make it any better. It was neat when the first guy did the gag, and probably once or twice later on. Regardless, they still needed material, a little thought into how the movie/cartoon will progress and how the audience will receive each action. If you're going to go with the "act like a moron" gags, think it out a little more, actually try. Even quickie stuff should have a little effort, especially in the presentation. What's the point if it's just a bunch of mindless doodles?

There's some debate, but overall people find this review helpful

Facebook Twitter Facebook Twitter

All your stuff is "talky"

That's your style of humor, a strong mix of obscenity and subtlety. It's unique, embrace it, see how far you can take it. I found the course of the dialog highly amusing, and the way you illustrated the characters, both visually and through their behavior, was also fantastic.

My beef was the fact that you changed the ending. I honestly think it knocked your piece down a rather big notch. I really liked having the end leave the rest up to your imagination. Having Draconius standing there looking around contrasted so well with the beginning of Gigantor doing the same. Draconius being indecisive also fit the boring character trait you gave him. The original ending really brought a full-circle feeling to the flash and I don't think it could have ended better. Shame.

JohnnyUtah responds:

when you're right, you're right.

still, i figured it might get a laugh.

Street Fighter Collab Street Fighter Collab

Visually spectacular

I'll give you guys that much, being as there's not a lot of material in the series to make fun of in the first place. Pretty much the whole something-out-of-nothing gig.

Fantastic artwork, nearly every artist was top-notch. The jokes, on the other hand, were pretty much the stupid stuff you see middle school kids do (or talk about, rather) at the lunch table. The majority were, anyway. Most of it was just plain random and didn't make an ounce of sense. Random works on occasion, but it really only works when it catches the viewer off guard. Dick jokes work on occasion, same deal there.

Chakra's was well thought out, it was actually an idea rather than just some random gag outta nowhere. I enjoyed Tom's, classic comedy set-up, laid out pretty well. Johnny's was amusing, his style of humor is unique and interesting, though as a whole this one didn't really pull through. Those are the only ones that really stuck out to me.

What's apparent is that none of these ideas seem to have had much forethought. I'm sure that a lot of the jokes could have had a lot more edge and freshness to them had these been storyboarded or just talked about, planned, before the artists put so much effort making them. It's a real shame. It is an improvement from the last big collab, if it's any consolation.

There's some debate, but overall people find this review helpful